Monday, July 18, 2011

Not a whole lot to write home about at the moment...


Well like the title of this blog says there really hasn't been that much going on in the past week for me to really write home about.

I have been sick with the cold and the flu pretty much all last week :( (sad choice, sad choice)

Let's see I did go to the shops and had to purchase new clippers for when I work in the salon, since mine didn't fair so well with the flight and everything on the way over. Which is okay since it will be easier to not have to mess with the plug converters and all that stuff.

Also I haven't had any success in finding my really good and expensive pair of shears and thinning shears (I am hoping that they are still at my sister's house with my other stuff in storage) if not then that means that they were taken during all the security scans in the airport.

So Julie if you are reading this I really need to talk to you on Skype and have you check for me.

Let's see last week I cut and colored Jess' hair for her, and then I also gave her mum and dad a hair cut as well. Today I trimmed up my own side swept bangs, well attempt to since they were grown out, now I just need to train them to work again.

We did go to dinner for Pipi's birthday on Friday night in the city at Hog's Breath Cafe. It was me, Jess, Pipi, Joe, and then her cousin Brandon. The prices were a bit much. I ordered the tortellini for dinner and it cost $20. wowza!! The steak dinners there start at $32.00. Pricey but good food. I guess you could compare it to like a Chili's or Applebee's. You just don't get as much food for your money here as you do in the States.

Oh I have become addicted to their Picnic candy bars here. They are soo good. I will have send some home for the family to try out, and some friends too.

So Sunday I stayed home from church, and I was sick as could be.. I pretty much slept the entire day. Jarrom (Jess' brother) was home too, and he decided to make me some breakfast, so he made me 2 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon and then 2 crumpets with peanut butter on them, and then a side of orange juice and some medicine.

I usually just eat 2 crumpets in the morning with peanut butter and the orange juice.

It was soo cute and soo sweet, he said that he made me everything, because he wasn't sure of what I would eat.. such a cute thing that I think would only happen in the movies.. Jarrom is a big sweetheart. I really appreciate him, and his friendship with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment