Thursday, September 29, 2011

The adventure has come to an end.. or has it?


Well it's official.. I am back home in Utah. I am currently living with my sister and her family, which I am so grateful for each and every day!

So you may wonder why is she home now? and not in Australia anymore?

Well I can honestly say that I gave it my all while I was there.. I had some very trying times that I felt like I overcame and was ready for some more adventure. I found the job of my dreams doing hair (which I love!!!) and working with some of the best and amazing ladies there in Perth.

I did look at some other places to live and spread my wings and fly, but some unforeseen circumstances (also known as life throwing you a curve ball) happened, and after much thought and prayer.. it was decided that it would be best for me to return home.

I have no regrets for selling most everything I own, quitting my job of 8 years, and selling my car to go over there for what was the plan of a year to end in less than 3 months.. I learned a lot about myself, and especially a lot about others. I had some amazing experiences over there that have shown me that I am a lot stronger than I was giving myself credit for, and that I could be more open to others and allowing them in, even if I did get hurt. I now truly know more than ever that I am ready to move on with my life.

I am thankful for Jesseca for helping me while she was here in Utah for letting go of my past, and facing those fears and feelings and emotions that had been stored away for years.

I am thankful for her family for the time that they did allow for me to stay in their home, and for everything else.

I am thankful for Jacqui my manager and blessing when I needed her for being there for me before I returned home, and for our talks and the different perspective on everything.. it really helped me open my eyes to a lot of stuff that I never looked at it that way before.

I am especially thankful for my family and friends that I have here in Utah for your welcoming arms, love and support.

I am really thankful for my sister and her family for allowing me to stay in their home until I am able to get back up, dust myself off, and stand again. Also for her creating a safe and loving environment that I need the most right now, and for getting me out and doing stuff and back to taking care of myself. I am truly grateful for EVERYTHING!

It's funny when I left to go there I had this plan to get there, get a job, and a car, and everything would just fall into place.. funny how things turned out different than I could have ever imagined.

Now that I am home I have the same rough draft of a plan to find a job, another place to live, and a car..I wish I could say I know how it was going to happen, I can tell you that I do have an amazing feeling for the things that are to come in my life.. and it's truly incredible to know that I am finally ready for them now.

So here's to the coming adventures....

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have all your adventures written down in some sort of journal somewhere. Life is crazy isn't it. We just need to make sure we don't let it beat us down! I am glad things are looking up and wish you all the success and happiness in the future. Oh and I think you need to check out the country dancing in PG it is where I met Doug, it's not like the other dance places. Just a thought:) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete