Monday, August 29, 2011

Albany.. oh sweet Albany

So last week me and Jess took a trip to Albany which is way down south, pretty much as south as you can go to get close to the one and only Antarctica.. burr..

It was amazing.. I will need to clean off both of my cameras for all of those photos and get them posted on here.. we went and saw the Gap and the Natural Bridge.

Which is where you go and stand on this metal rail that holds you in place and look straight down where it just drops into the ocean.. you really get a perspective of how small you really are. The natural bridge is gorgeous it is naturally built where rocks are just forming this bridge and the ocean crashes underneath it all day long.. I was in a trance just watching it.

Then we went to the Tree Top Walk.. I never knew that I kind of have a fear of heights and seeing through what I am walking on until I am here.. ha ha.. oh well.. they built this huge rail walk way that you go up on and you are up there among none other the tree tops, and these are some massive trees.. it was a little scary when the wind would blow and rock the walking path, but it was amazing.

Also we went to an Alpaca Farm, which I am sure that it started out just being that at first, but they have so many other animals there. I got to go in the place with the koalas and pet them, didn't get to hold them they are not used to people, and well there claws are a little scary. I did get to hold a baby kangaroo that was a rescue as her mother was killed (if I remember right) she just hops all around the farm.. they are soo light it was awesome. They named here Ruby, I wanted to take here with me. Then they had a camel there that I feed and well it is a different experience when his teeth are pressing against the palm of your hand, but his lips are enclosing the rest of your hand.. I screamed the first time I feed him.. ha ha.. the pictures Jess took with my facial expressions are way funny.. (will post them later) Also I was able to bottle feed a week old goat that the mom didn't want, well she had twins which is quite common for goats and she is older so they figured to give one of the babies a chance with the mom, and they would take care of the other. Then I was able to hold a 1 day old, 2 day old, and a 4 day old goats.. they are soo precious. Once again the photos will tell more of the story.

All in all is was an amazing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment